Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Table Numbers

We wanted to do something cool with table names. Something awesome, and original, and us.

We couldn't think of anything.

Eventually, we settled on actual numbers, with the words written out in French.

Why French? It's been a big part of my life. I started studying it in high school, participated in Concordia Language Village French Weekend programs, traveled to France with a group from my high school, and then went on to be a counselor in CLV's French summer camps, to major in French, and to study abroad in Paris. More recently, it's been used to pronounce wines correctly, and even more recently, taking Quebecois phone calls at work.

But that wasn't enough. That is, it wasn't enough for my own satisfaction.

Table 12; ©Andi Stempniak, https://www.facebook.com/stempniakphoto
I wanted to make them myself. Each one is unique and involves a lot of patience and glue. I would not have even attempted this without my Cricut.

The front side (pictured above) consists of individual cut-out letters and die cuts glued to an 8" x 8" sheet of scrapbook paper. That exact size doesn't really exist commercially, I had to cut them down. The backside is much simpler, just a sheet of scrapbook paper (same size) with a die cut numeral. Sandwiched between the front and back is a sheet of card stock paper (same size), for stiffness.


A visual, in case you didn't get all that
It was time-intensive, but it was something I felt compelled to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please note, spam will be deleted.