Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bedtime

I often have trouble sleeping. I'm exhausted until I hit the pillow, where I'm suddenly wide awake. I oversleep in the morning, but feel groggy all day. For a while, I tried taking my meds at 11pm and going to bed at midnight; problem was, I'd loose track of time and suddenly it's 2 am and I haven't done either. Which is unfortunate only in that a side effect of my meds is drowsiness, which I can take advantage of by taking them about an hour before I intend to go to bed.

Solution: Set an alarm for medtime and bedtime.

I set two alarms on my ipod, at 11pm and 12am. Different sounds, and I named the alarms to re-inforce it. I've been doing this for 5 days now, and it has made a difference. I fall asleep within half an hour, and wake up at a decent time, without an alarm. I haven't always gone to bed at exactly midnight, but it's the cue I need to finish what I'm doing and get in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please note, spam will be deleted.